For over 50 years, Meek Mirrors remains committed to product excellence.
That includes protecting our teams work environment and the worlds environment.
We do this by:
- Using only recyclable raw materials in our products
- Using only USA Manufactured raw materials
- Recycling 100% of our scrap to include steel, foam and cardboard.
- Purchasing raw materials close to our manufacturing plant
- Purchasing materials from vendors who are committed to our environment
- Purchasing steel that is made of 80% recycled materials
- Purchasing packaging made of 30% recycled materials
- Requiring suppliers to ship on pallets they reuse or we recycle
- Purchasing crating material grown and milled in Arkansas
- Our long-term objectives include:
- 100% recycling of the products shipped to us for use in our products
- 100% recycling and reuse of the raw material packaging
- Continue reducing the distance suppliers ship materials to Meek
- Manufacture with products that are 100% recyclable
- Use non-hazardous materials including those with VOCs.
- Use US manufactured products to reduce Carbon Dioxide emissions.
- Use vendors that share Meek’s commitment to our environment
- Further reduction of office waste through less printing
LEED MR c4: Recycled Content (Di 3-10, 31, 32) Sometimes 12
- Glass, Mirror (2% Pre-Consumer)
- Stainless Steel (65-90% Post-Consumer)
- Corrugated Steel (30% Post-Consumer)
- Expanded Polystyrene (20% Pre-Consumer, 15% Post-Consumer)
LEED EQ c4.2: Low Emitting Materials, Paints and Coatings
- Moisture barrier materials comply with LEED VOC limits.
- Expanded Polystyrene, manufactured by FMC. Less than 1/100 TLV.
Protecting our environment also means improving the lives of our neighbors.
Meek has been named Contractor of the Year by Bost Human Development Services. Bost hires and trains special needs and other challenged individuals to manufacture our shipping crates.